Wednesday 16 March 2016

My Inbox Zero

Getting my email organized was a lot of work, especially since I have been neglecting my inbox for years and it already has a thousands of emails! AHHHH!!!!

For me the idea of an empty inbox is piece of mind. A heard about inbox zero while working through Set Up Shop by Jess of Create and Thrive. It has cleared up mental space for me, I feel like I can find the most recent and relevant emails. Deal with the stuff that needs to be dealt with, have a place to stash it and move on.

Here is what I did.


I create some categories that work for me. Then I broke them down. I am pretty detail oriented, so just achieving messages I was done with was not enough. My plan is to officially archive the messages at the end of the year so that I can stay organized throughout and then move on from there.

My System Looks Like This:


Inbox

Needs Response - Cleared out and caught up on ever week

New Orders - To be put into order book daily

Needs Action - Cleared out and caught up on ever week

Defer - Check once a week and wade through:)

Interesting & Inspiration

Six Bits Story Books

Fibre Works Archives
sub folders include:
  • Order 
  • Supply Order
  • Customer Inquiry 
  • Wholesale Information
  • Projects
  • Festivals
  • Exhibitions
  • E Books
  • Patterns
  • Guilds
  • Taxes
  • Receipts 2016
    • January
    • February
    • March
Personal Archives
sub folders include:
  • Photo Transfer
  • Family
  • Funny
  • House
  • Cat Sitting


These categories work for my life, your categories can and likely will be unique, just like you:)

When an email lands in my inbox I sort it into the correct folder if I can't deal with it right away. For me this allows me the space to have my email open for reference as I work through tasks to be completed, but removes the distraction of worrying how I will remember to get back to that email.

Now to work through all the organized Needs Response and Needs Action emails!







No comments:

Post a Comment